Any tenant who wishes to cancel his lease prior to the end of the initial term must sublet the unit. Wainright Property Management, LLC will assist in this process for a reasonable fee. This fee is a non-refundable fee and is due regardless of who brings the new tenant(s) into the office, whether it is Wainright Property Management, LLC or the current tenant(s). The fee is due at the time the Sublease Agreement is entered into. In addition, tenant(s) must adhere to the following rules.
- Current tenant(s) must give written statement regarding intent to sublet. Tenant(s) remain(s) responsible for rental payments until an approved Applicant has assumed the Lease.
- Tenant(s) will be responsible for all advertising costs associated with the sublease process in addition to the Professional Fee charged by this office.
- Tenant(s) will be required to show the unit while it is occupied. If tenant(s) vacate the unit and return the keys to this office, we will gladly show the unit. Wainright Property Management, LLC will not schedule to show the unit while it is occupied.
- Wainright Property Management, LLC will release the name(s) and phone number(s)of tenant(s) to prospective renters so that they may contact tenant(s) to schedule appointments to view the unit.
- Any person interested in assuming a Lease in whole (all current tenants vacating) or in part (one or more roommates moving with at least one current tenant remaining) must complete the normal application process. An Application is required. A reasonable fee is charged for the Application. In some cases full-time students are allowed to use a Parental Guarantee. All paperwork must be approved prior to the tenant switch.
- Once a person has been approved to assume a Lease, all parties involved-current tenant(s) and new tenant(s)-must come to the office together to complete the transfer.
- The new tenant(s) will be required to pay a security deposit and any pro-rated rent for the month in which they move into the unit.
- The security deposit will be refunded to the vacating tenant(s) within thirty (30) days of the transfer. Tenant(s) must provide forwarding address.
- The keys may be switched between tenants; however, we will make arrangements to turn the keys over to the new tenant(s). If keys are not switched on the specified date and we, Wainright Property Management, LLC or the new tenant(s), are unable to contact the current tenant(s), Wainright Property Management, LLC will release a key to the new tenant(s) so long as the rent payment is current, utilities have been verified, the unit is empty of all current tenant belongings and the Lease agreement has been executed.
10. New tenant(s) must verify that utility service has been applied for with Greenville Utilities.